There are many benefits that comes with adopting Agile methodology. These include but not limited to:
- Higher product quality – In Agile development, testing is integrated during the cycle, which means that there are regular checkups to see that the product is working during the development. This enables the product owner to make changes if needed and the team is aware if there are any issues.
- Higher customer satisfaction – Able to receive customer’s input/feedback before, during and after each sprint leading to a higher customer satisfaction as the product will be of a higher quality.
- Reduced risk – agile iteratoin allows risk idetnficiation and mitigation early on in the development thus reducing time and cost.
- Rapid delivery – Agile is an iterative development model and the work is divided into small cycles (typically 1-4 weeks). This means that the features can be developed, tested and released quicker.
- Allows for changes (more flexible) to requirements