Here are few steps in creating test conditions and test cases:
- Try to know or understand more about the particular functionality of the software/system by various means. This can be done by reading up on the specifications document and/or user guide, talking to subject matter experts or even playing around with the system.
- Once you have become more familiar with the to-be-tested functionalities of the system, then it is time to identify all the test conditions. This can be thought of as an aim or goal of the test cases.
- Once those test conditions have been identified, you need to now create test cases to test those test conditions. This would involve the following activities:
1) Identifying any necessary test data
2) Identifying series of steps the tester needs to perform testing
3) Identifying expected results